Saturday, August 28, 2010

Don't hold back!

I am a horrible blogger and a avid journal-er, makes very little sense if I do say so myself!

So, for all of you who have given up on my blog, please reconsider, because I am combining my journal and my blog.

Now. Don't think you all (ya'll for all my dearly missed southerners) are going to be privy to everything I journal. Honestly, you'd probably either suffer immense boredom, or worry for my mental well being-dependent on the day. I am just going to attempt to regularly include you in my life by posting different journal entries through out the week...well, at least once I week. I hope. I really want my family (spiritual and physical) to journey with me, maybe this will work better than previous attempts!

So here is a little something from today-August 28, 2010


I was created for beauty;
I was created to create.
I was created to reflect the infinite;
I was birthed to shine with radiance.

The depths of my soul groan with desire-
My heart of hearts aches for intimacy.

Pressure building,
a quickened awakening,
A burning-unquenchable,
a yearning-irrepressible;
I must have You.

I was made with more than mediocrity in mind.
I was destined by the Limitless,
and now driven by the Omnipotent.

A fire burning,
a desire yearning,
a pressure building,
a passion stirring-
I must have You.

Because I was created for beauty;
I was created to create.
I was created to reflect the infinite;
I was birthed to shine with radiance.

Comforts aside,
the status quo left behind.
The distractions cannot stop what has captured my mind.
I must have You.


For, "Who can know the LORD's thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?" But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:16

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.
Psalms 45:11

But if I say, “I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,”
His word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.
Jeremiah 20:9

As God's partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God's kindness and then ignore it.
2 Corinthians 6:1


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you wrote sis!!! :) blessings and peace and longing for Jesus be yours- amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read your poem -- and i am so impressed right now. i love it.

    praying for you, friend. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete